Note: This is an auto-generated HTML version of this page, created for ease of reading. To view or download the original and definitive plain-text document, use this link: ceasepolicy.txt.
186k Cease Process
If you wish to cease your line there is a charge (specified in the main Terms & Conditions) you will need to pay as well as all outstanding payments due on your account before you can cease the circuit. If you choose not to cease your line you remain liable for any costs incurred whilst ever the line remains live and we are providing you with service.
Requesting a Cease DOES NOT release you from your contractual obligations.
When you request a Cease we perform an automated check to determine whether the customer/your contractual terms are 1, 3 or 12 month contracts, if you have outstanding monies and whether there is a cancellation fee associated with the service you purchased. All this is displayed and will need to be settled in full before a cease can be performed.
Process steps for Dolphin customers:
Login to dolphin via the link www.dolphinmp.co.uk
Click Search Enter the order number in Search orders located at the top, Click the button in the Order number columnScroll down the page and just above the Order notes there is a number of grey buttons You will find the cease buttonWhen placing your cease you will immediately be required to:
1. Settle any existing debt on your account.
2. Settle any amount up to the end of your minimum contract term (if applicable).
3. Pay your cancellation fee (if applicable).
Click cease button to cease that circuit NOT to request a MAC code, the MAC code process can be found in thepolicies menu.
If the button is not present, it's possible that the order is in a status where it cannot be ceased at present (i.e. a regrade is in progress).
Process steps for Medusa customers:
Log into Medusa (http://portal.186k.co.uk) and use the option under ADSL > Cease an ADSL Line - you will then be guided through the process to order your Cease.
If you have any difficulties, please call our support centre and the operator will talk you through the process.
( 0870 1222 186 )
Once the Cease has been ordered it will generally take up to 5 days to complete, at which point you will be able to place an order with any Broadband supplier. When placing your cease you will immediately be required to:
4. Settle any existing debt on your account.
5. Settle any amount up to the end of your minimum contract term (if applicable).
6. Pay your cancellation fee (if applicable). Lost your details?
If you do not know your portal login, go to http://portal.186k.co.uk and click on ‘Forgotten your password?’.
• Find the Customer or account to be ceased in your portal.
• Click on the relevant account under ‘ADSL Login’.
• Select ‘Cease an ADSL Line’ from the ‘ADSL’ menu.
• You will then be presented with the terms and conditions of the Cease.
• Then select the Telephone Number you require for the Cease and click ‘Request a Cease’.
• This will show the final amount required to settle your account, once agreed ‘tick’ the agreement button to agree and continue with the cease.
• Select the reason for leaving and add a comment if required.
• Once this is completed you will be directed to the next screen ‘Request Submitted’.
• If you now select ‘Cease an ADSL Line’ from the ADSL Menu, you will see the number is no longer available toCease.
Once this is complete your line should be ceased within 5 working days. If you have any difficulties after this time, please feel free to call our helpdesk and quote your telephone number and explain your cease has not completed.
In the instance that a cease request has failed, a notification will automatically be sentto the Customer to advise them that the cease has failed and that they must contact theprovisioning team, to action the cease. Should the Customer not follow these instructionsand contact the provisioning team then the circuit will remain live and the Customer willcontinue to be charged for the circuit.
Pricing enclosed is correct at time of publication, 186k makes every effort to keep documentation as up to date as possible but will not accept liability for shortfalls due as a result of “out of date pricing” We will notify customers in advance of any change. To ensure pricing is up to date and current please confirm with your account manager.